The Benefits of a Team Meeting
By Shelley Measures, Jul 31 2019 11:31AM
It's our team meeting at CAKE HQ today and it got us thinking about why we have them.... We came up with our 8 reasons why:
1. Team meetings give us a place to, build relationships, to help each other and offer support.
2. They’re essential in understanding our colleagues’ aims, concerns, hopes, challenges, etc. Sometimes face to face is the only time you can really share it.
3. Team meetings provide us offer a ‘safe’ environment – it’s a chance to discuss things we may not be happy sharing by email.
4. A team meeting is an open forum where we have equal opportunity to talk and listen. Everybody gets the same chance.
5. Conference call is useful but can’t fully to replace a physical meeting. Of course, if there are no other options, conference calls will have to do, but if you are able to get together in person, then it’s invariably it’s much more rewarding to do so.
6. Team meetings allow all of us to lift our head out of day-to-day operations; it’s so easy to stay focused, head down. Team meetings are a chance to head up and focus on something else and work on cross-functional projects together.
7. Team meetings are a learning, development and improvement opportunity. Meetings are a crucial part of business and organisations and are a good place to learn about the wider organisation, how to work together towards our objectives, and share, and discuss what improvements we can achieve together.
8. The team meeting is a great reminder that we are in fact, in a team – and not alone!
These are our thoughts, we'd love to hear yours.